You have come through to this page from a website which is published by KStarLive Inc.
In this policy, "us", "we" or "our" means KStarLive Inc.
This policy sets out:
• what is considered personal information;
• what personal information we collect and hold;
• how we collect, hold, use or disclose personal information;
• the purposes for which we collect personal information;
• what happens if we are not able to collect personal information;
• how to seek access to and correct your personal information;
• how to contact us.
We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including taking account of new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to KStarLive or are a long time user, please take the time to get to know our practices.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Act. In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and possibly financial information, including your credit card, direct debit or PayPal account information. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD
We may collect the following types of personal information:
• mailing or street address;
• email address;
• telephone number;
• age or birth date;
• profession, occupation or job title;
• details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to those products and services and to respond to your enquiries
• any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our website or online presence or otherwise;
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyze trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, the Korean Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
We do this in ways including:
• Through your access and use of our website, apps or sending SMS/MMS to us;
• During conversations between you and our representatives; and
• When you complete an application or purchase order.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
• Third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
• Mailing lists;
• Recruitment agencies;
• Contractors and business partners.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer experience. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• To provide products and services to you;
• To provide you with news, information or advice about our existing and new products and services;
• To communicate with you, including but not limited to, by email, mail, SMS or telephone;
• To manage and enhance our products and services;
• To personalize and customize your experience;
• To provide you with access to protected areas of our websites;
• To conduct competitions or promotions on behalf of KStarLive and selected third parties;
• To verify your identity;
• To provide as part of business data to third parties if you have authorized us to do so;
• To conduct business processing functions for operation of our websites or our business;
• For our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers; • To provide your updated personal information to us, our contractors or external service providers;
• To investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or • As required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE CAN’T COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you do not provide us with the personal information described in this policy, some or all of the following may happen:
• We may not be able to provide you with the products or services you requested, either to the same standard, or at all (for example, if you do not register as a member of a website, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members only);
• We may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts sales or special promotions; or
• We may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
HOW DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
• Our employees, related bodies corporate, partnerships, joint venture entities, contractors or external service providers for the operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise provide products and services to you, including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, newsagents, couriers, payment processors, photographic analyzers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debtcollectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
• Our existing or potential agents and/or business partners;
• Our sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
• Specific third parties authorized by you to receive information held by us;
• The police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary;
• As required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
HOW YOU CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT A BREACH OF PRIVACY
Please contact us at
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Any and all lawsuits and legal issues shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Korea.